Chunky, Quirky, SpunkyJerky
A recipe for Teriyaki flavoured TVP Chunks based on "Pleasantly Plump Vegan's Recipe"
1 3/4 cup boiling water
2 cups TVP chunks
In a mixing bowl:
pour boiling water over TVP chunks
(if you have a sensitivity to the TVP:
after letting it sit with boiling water about 10 min,
drain it well, then squeeze it well, rinse,
squeeze, rinse, squeeze,
until the liquid comes out clear)
In a saucepan:
combine following ingredients and
heat until everything is dissolved
has had some time to thicken a bit.
1 1/2 cup of fruit juice
2 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp sugar
12 slices peeled fresh ginger
7 large fresh garlic cloves (kept whole)
Place drained, rehydrated TVP
in the cooking liquid bring to a boil
and turn down to minimum for 30 min
boil down until it is syrupy.
On parchment lined cookie sheet:
placed all (syrup and TVP with seasoning)
dehydrate in oven at 350 fahrenheit for an hour
(mixing at the 20 and 40 min points in baking/drying).
Cool to room temperature then refrigerate in sealed container.
Enjoy this oriental style of TVP jerky as
a snack or chop into small pieces and used like
bacon bits like in salads or on baked potatoes.
Post a Comment
- Anne on A Heart's Widening
- canadasue on Spiced Honey Lemon Glögg - 2nd Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- fauquet on Spiced Honey Lemon Glögg - 2nd Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- canadasue on Leek & Bean Soup - 1st Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- ZSA_MD on Leek & Bean Soup - 1st Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China