A few people asked for the recipe...
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium onions
1 1/2 cup cashews pieces
1/3 cup minced/chopped raisins
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 medium grated carrots
2 stalks celery
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon pesto
1 1/2 teaspoon vegetable bullion powder
1 small can tomato paste
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 bay leaf
3 15-oz cans drained rinsed chickpeas I used about 5 cups of cooked (from dry) chickpeas.
Chili with Raisins and Cashews Preparation
Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Chop the onion, cook in the oil 20 minutes over medium heat until carmelized.
Stir in the cashews and cook until they pick up a bit of the brown. Add raisins and garlic, pesto, bullion, cumin, and black pepper.
Add the beans, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the crushed tomato, tomato paste, water, vinegar, and bay leaf.
Reduce heat to low, and cook 45 minutes. (I transferred to the crock pot and cooked for an hour + on high setting.)
Post a Comment
- canadasue on Spiced Honey Lemon Glögg - 2nd Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- fauquet on Spiced Honey Lemon Glögg - 2nd Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- canadasue on Leek & Bean Soup - 1st Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- ZSA_MD on Leek & Bean Soup - 1st Recipe from Wuhan, Hubei, China
- canadasue on Golden Flax & Zucchini Loaf